Parish employee or volunteer
The Diocese of Salt Lake City has teamed up with Catholic Mutual Group to launch a Safe Environment training and database platform entitled CMG Connect
Quick Click here for the Diocesan Website
Safe Environment Training and Compliance
Or continue reading for more information.
All Church personnel and volunteers, who have regular Church related contact with children or young people, must complete background screening and safe environment training every three years as required by the Diocese.
CMG Training platform includes on line training courses in these areas: Training (for those working with minors), EM II / Vulnerable Adult (training for those who visit vulnerable elderly) guidelines, Youth Training (for volunteers ages 13 - 17 who work with children), and Defensive Driving training.
- Software will work with iPhones, iPads, Android, and other mobile devices.
- Compliance can be completed in less than one hour OR completed at the user's convenience.
- Training and Background check are completed at the same time. Automated background screenings will be processed once all user requirements have been met.
- Users are not prompted or required to print a Certificate of Completion. The system detects training completion and background screening completion and notifies local DSEs of compliance.
- Training specific for Volunteers under 18 is available.
- Additional courses for Defensive Driving or EM II / Vulnerable Adult visiting guidelines are available.
- Renewal(recertification) notices are automatically emailed to Users and Local DSEs. No more wondering if your training has expired!
- These exciting changes will enhance security, provide faster training results and assist volunteers by reminding them early when training is about to expire.
On the Diocesan website, please click on: ON-LINE TRAINING AND COMPLIANCE
Found either in the left hand column or in the Second bullet under "Benefits."
That link will take you to the Catholic Mutual Group On Line Training program (pictured below)
Vulnerable Adult Awareness Training
The Diocese of Salt Lake City Office of Safe Environment is committed to the safety of vulnerable adults in our community.
- Please review the guidelines entitled SAFEGUARDING VULNERABLE ADULTS BASIC AWARENESS.
- Sandy Growe, Safe Environment Director Salt Lake Diocese
- Lisa Smith, Safe Environment Administrator for Parish, 801-984-7110.
- Msgr. Mayo, Pastor
- Kristen Mullen, Director of Religious Education
- Kim Stroud, Safe Environment Administrator for SJB schools and JDCHS
- Diocesan Safe Environment Website: Diocesan Safe Environment Program
- Diocesan Safe Environmnent Manual: Safe Environment Manuel
- USCCB website, "From Safe Environments to Faith Environments"
As an employee or volunteer, you are legally required to report child abuse if you have reasonable suspicion that it has occurred. Although every disclosure of abuse is to be taken seriously and resonded to quickly and compassionately, not every allegation reaches the threshold required for reporting under Utah State law. Use the following guidelines to ensure proper reporting:
If you would like additional assistance, please contact Lisa Smith, Safe Environment Administrator for the Parish, 801-984-7110, or contact the Diocesan Office of Safe Environment, Sandy Growe, 801-328-8641.